Nordic Film & TV Fund
Established in 1990, the Fund's primary purpose is to promote film and TV productions of high quality in the five Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), by providing support for top-up financing of feature films, TV-fiction / series and creative documentaries. Nordisk Film & TV Fond is also the administrator of the prestigious Nordic Council Film Prize and arranges and hosts the annual Nordic Talents held each autumn.
Nordic Film & TV Fund's production support can only be applied for by Nordic production companies who are delegate producers of the project.
Facts and conditions:
- The NFTVF's TV partners are: Denmark - DR and TV2 Denmark; Finland - YLE; Iceland - RUV and 365 Media / Stöð 2; Norway - NRK, TV2 Norway and SBS Discovery/TVNorge; and Sweden - SVT, TV4 and SBS Discovery TV/Kanal 5.
- Applications are evaluated on a continuous basis.
- Processing of applications normally takes 4 to 6 weeks.
- The project must be suited for cinema exhibition, TV broadcasting or for other type of distribution.
- The project must be considered by the Fund to have a significant audience potential primarily in the Nordic countries and secondarily in the global market.
- The Fund does not contribute to the funding of a project that has been pre-sold to or that is co-produced by a Nordic TV broadcaster that is not one of the TV Partners of the Fund.
- National base funding must be confirmed ( e.g. national film institutes / funds, regional film funds, the Fund’s TV Partners and distributors).
- Feature films: Distribution guarantee for cinema exhibition must be signed with at least 2 Nordic countries, and broadcast agreement must be signed with a minimum of 1 of the TV Partners of the Fund. Alternatively cinema exhibition in a minimum of 1 Nordic country, and broadcast agreements with a minimum of 2 of the TV partners.
- TV series: Broadcasting agreements must be signed with a minimum of 2 of the TV Partners of the Fund (but only with 1 if the TV Partner itself is producing).
- Documentaries: Broadcast agreements must be signed with a minimum of 2 of the TV Partners of the Fund. Alternatively, a distribution guarantee for cinema exhibition in a minimum of 2 Nordic countries, and a broadcast agreement with a minimum of 1 of the TV Partners of the Fund must be signed.
For more specific guidelines, please consult www.nordiskfilmogtvfond.com